Southeast Asia Journey with Luxury Train
Singapore | Kuala Kangsar | Bangkok
Marvel at the unrivaled views of Southeast Asia together with Belmond Eastern & Oriental Express Train. Explore majestic town and cities
September – April
3 Days 2 Nights
Couple / Group Friend / Celebration
The Highlights of the Journey
- Visit a local Malaysian village with a choice excursion
- 2-night accommodation aboard the Eastern & Oriental Express Luxury Train
- Guided cruise along the River Kwai and visit to the War Museum
**Rates are based on Pullman Cabin for Luxury & Presidential Cabin for Luxury in US Dollar
**Rates are based on 2 (two) people traveling together staying in one stateroom
**Rates are based on low season rate and subject to change depending on the availability
Singapore | Depart
Singapore is clean, safe, and efficient and the inhabitants are as proud of this as they are of the city’s great financial heart beating around the clock. The harbor is the busiest in the world and capital flows on the stock exchange. All the world’s banks, insurance companies, and investors are represented here.
Depart from Singapore and settle into your private cabin as the Belmond Eastern & Oriental Express train rolls through the southern Malaysian countryside. Dinner is served in one of the luxurious dining cars. Afterward, head to Bar Car to relax with fellow travelers or retire to you cozy converted cabin
After breakfast, travel by coach to a rural village set among the rice paddies and surrounded by hills and mountains. Here you have two excursions to choose from (comfortable walking shoes are recommended for both):
- Traditional Village Experience. A chance to immerse yourself in rural Malaysian life. The villagers welcome you with a traditional martial arts dance before you sample regional food and drink and browse locally produced handicrafts. Guided walks through rice paddies to learn about the process of planting and harvesting, and plantations where rubber, banana, and durian are grown. Your tour finishes with refreshments that include banana and durian chips produced from the plantation crops.
- Hill Trek. Your excursion begins with a visit to a banana and durian plantation, following which join your guide on a walk up the hill, learning about the local area as you go. Cold towels and refreshments greet your arrival at the top, alongside panoramic views over the village and surrounding rice paddies.
Returning to the train, one can enjoy a relaxing afternoon watching the changing scenery from the open deck of the Observation Car or relax in the comfort of the Saloon Car as the journey continues to Thailand. A delicious dinner is served on board before retiring for the night.
In inclement weather, a tour of Kuala Kangsar will be provided instead, where you will visit such sights as the majestic Ubudiah Mosque and the treasure-filled Sultan Shah Gallery.
Bangkok | Ending the journey
The first day in Bangkok, in the morning alight at Kanchanaburi for your choice of tour. The Classic includes guided visits to the River Kwai Bridge and Thai-Burma Railway Museum. Tracks to Unseen Thailand tour will have you biking through rice paddies, stopping off at the local farms. The Local Flavours tour explores a rice noodle house and combines a raft cruise with a cooking class. Return to the train for lunch before ending your Journey in Bangkok in the late afternoon.