Summer in Newzealand is a perfect time means long sunny days and fresh alpine air. Summer landscapes and inviting outdoors will have you heading outside and into nature for your next adventure. Whether it’s a leisurely stroll by the lake or a hike up into the mountains, summer is the perfect time to explore.
Splendor of Nouvelle-Aquitaine RegionBordeaux | Lacave
Highlights of the journey
- Visit to La Cite du Vin to discover the cultures and civilizations of wine
- Customize Your Day and choose between going to cities nearby Medoc Riverbank to experience the best wine produced in the region, or to see that charm of seaside Arcachon Bay that is known as the best oyster farm in the region.
- Exclusive Access to Official 1855 Classified Bordeaux Grands Crus outsanding properties
- Stay 2 (two) nights in La Treyne in one of the establishment with a one-starred Michelin Restaurant.
- Embark on an Adventure of Premium Truffle Experience with the expert Truffle Hunter and their beloved pet.
- Visit the village of Cognac with our handpicked Cognac House for dining and Cognac pairing.
*Rates are per person based on EURO with minimum of 2 (two) people traveling together stay in one room.
*Rates are inclusive to all of the services stated in the itinerary unless it is written “optional”
*Rates are excluding VAT 1%, taxes and surcharges.
Bordeaux | Arrival
Bienvenue a Bordeaux!
Associated to wine and the pleasures of life like no other city, Bordeaux is the kingdom of the grape. Wine bars, wine merchants and over a hundred winery castles throng all around Bordeaux. Wine is savoured and enjoyed, but is also used for health purposes through wine therapy—a spa treatment using grape extract, said to be beneficial for the body.
Upon arrival in Bordeaux-Marignac International Airport, you will be greeted by our representative at the arrival hall to transfer you privately to your choice of accommodation. Enjoy your day at leisure by exploring city center located just a few steps away from your hotel.
Join the Welcome Dinner with your fellow guests, conducted by our very own dREAMSCAPE Tour Director and Local Guide. (D)
Bordeaux | City Sightseeing
Today you will be accompanied by our Tour Director and Local Guide to see every little bit of Bordeaux, including a gothic Bordeaux Cathedral that has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site since 1998, a spectacular Place de la Bourse symbol of Bordeaux that took nearly 20 years to build, and The “Grosse cloche” is one of the few remaining gates from when Bordeaux used to be a fortified city before the 18th century.
Last but not least, embark on a sensory adventure to discover the cultures and civilizations of wine at La Cite du Vin in an open exhibition space occupying more than 3,000 m², nearly twenty different themed areas invite you to take a voyage of discovery and enjoy a unique experience exploring the many and varied facets of wine across time and space.
Enjoy the rest of the day at your own leisure visiting boutique shops or cafes by the bank of Garonne river. (B)
Bordeaux | Customize your day
Customize Your Day with these two programs that you can choose that suits to your liking:
1. Wine Village Tour will take you to some of the villages around the banks of Medoc river, notably Margaux small village situated just north of Bordeaux. Here you are also going to take on helicopter flight over the most prestigious French wine region. After landing, you will have the chance to taste one of the best 1855 Classification of Bordeaux Wine from local vineyard, accompanied along with a wonderful caviar
2. Seaside & Gastronomy Tour in Arcachon Bay. This area is know for its long-time oyster-harvesting area. Cruise along the bay with private stylish boat to admire the scenery while tasting some local wines. Here you will try the premium gastronomic icon experience such as oyster tasting on the seaside, and a French caviar tasting which will blow you away.
In the evening, you are all invited to a private exclusive visit of the property and cellar belong to a Official 1855 Classified Bordeaux Grands Crus with the wine maker before taking part in a prestige tasting of Grands Crus Classés rare millesims.
Afterwards you will be driven back to the hotel to rest, or enjoying the ambiance of Bordeaux Old Town. (B)
Bordeaux – Lacave | 250km (3 hours)
Today you will be heading to Lacave where you will stay for two nights in an authentic premise in a wonderful backdrop of scenery around.
Welcome to Lacave
Small village on the banks of the Dordogne, the Lot, Lacave takes place about sixty kilometres from the tourist town of Cahors. It is at the foot of the Causse de Gramat, just a few kilometres from Rocamadour. Full of charm, this small village southwest full of sites to discover and present an architectural and historical heritage full of interest. Its ideal location also makes it a popular holiday destination.
Upon arriving in Lacave, first we visit the famous underground treasure: the Caves of Lacave. Discovered accidentally in 1905 by a speleologist called Armand Viré, the caves have welcomed more than 7 million visitors since its opening over 110 years ago. You can’t help but marvel at Mother Nature’s exceptional subterranean gem full of a strange other worldly beauty, stalagmites, stalactites and other natural limestone rock formations.
After that proceed to your hotel to have dinner in a one-starred Michelin Restaurant. (B)
Lacave | Beaux Villages de France
Our first destination today is Sarlat-la-Canéda, which is an essential place to visit for the architecture fans. Its medieval old town is the perfect place to wander around with its maze of picturesque narrow streets and Gothic and Renaissance mansions, such as the Plamon mansion, the Magnanat mansion, and the Vassal mansion.
After that, we will have a Premium Truffle Experience. Through a private guided visit of the fields with the producer, discover the growing process of this delicate mushroom, understand its specifics, also getting a chance to taste fresh truffles
The journey continues to visit Rocamadour, a tiny medieval village with international reputation. Built into the cliffside on successive levels over 120 metres height, it seems suspended over the canyon. Houses, roofs and churches seem to be part of the rock itself.
Last but not least, Collonges la Rouge. What makes it stands out is the rusty-red color of its houses, all built from local iron-rich sandstone. The architecture is delightful and there are cute, photogenic corners at every turn. Not only that, but the village plays host to some truly delicious eateries and enchanting craft boutiques selling locally made goods.
You will then driven back to your hotel to have dinner and rest. (B)
Lacave – Cognag (250km, 3 hours drive) | Bordeaux (130km, 2 hours drive)
En-route from Lacave back to Bordeaux, you will have a stop at the famous city of Cognac located 3 hours 30 minutes from Lacave.
Welcome to Cognac
Renowned for its brandy, the city of Cognac is situated on both sides of the Charente river and benefits from a pleasant setting. Discover the charming village of Cognac with privilege access to one of the most prestigious Cognac House including private visit to the Estate, gastronomic lunch and cognac pairing in a privatized salon of the Estate.
Afterwards we proceed back to Bordeaux to have a Farewell Dinner with fellow guests, conducted by our very own dREAMSCAPE Tour Director and Local Guide. (B, D)
Bordeaux | Departure
Stroll around the city before your private transfer escort you back to Bordeaux-Marignac Airport to fly back to your home country, or continuing your journey. Thank you for trusting dREAMSCAPE and we hope to see you again very soon.
**The following arrangement is for your reference only and the sequence of the arrangement could change from time to time due to traffic conditions and congestion, weather, and any other event.
**Meal abbreviation: ‘B’ for Breakfast, ‘L’ for Lunch, and ‘D’ for Dinner
- package: Starts from $4,600
- Allow additional guests: No
- Experiences, Family & Young
- Experiences, Luxury Cruise, Luxury Expeditions
- Bucket List, Experiences, Family & Young, Skiing Winter
- Bucket List, Group of Friends
- Celebration Journeys, Experiences
- Bucket List, Experiences, Group of Friends, Luxury Safaris