4 days,3 nights
Chengdu has been the ancestral homeland to giant pandas since ancient times. Experience a meeting with the giant pandas and if you are lucky, get up close to hug the panda for that special moment. Seeing so many of these cute cuddly animals in one place is pretty special
- Accommodation and benefits
- Airport transfer
- Family Panda Experiences
- International/ domestic flights
- Personal expenses
- Driver and local guides gratuities (optional)
- Meals that are not stated included in the itinerary
- Additional services that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Why you should go
- To visit the capital of Giant Panda Breeding
- Historic Sites
How to get there
- From Jakarta fly to Denpasar for connecting flight to Chengdu (7hours)
- Transport/Flight connection recommendations for Jakarta by Garuda Airlines or Thai Airways
- Note: Recommended flight depends on availability and need to check before confirmation
- Travel Insurance by Zurich (Gold Plan – 9 to 10 Days)
- Flight from Jakarta/Singapore to Chengdu (7 hours). Warmly welcomed at the airport by local guide and driver, get transferred to the hotel.
- In the evening, you can try to do an impressive trip to the famous Jinli Ancient Street. Time steals away from you quietly while walking on the lively streets which are full of delicious local snacks, delicate artefacts, interesting folk shows, etc. Try the most famous Sichuan snacks you’ve always wanted to taste, sit on the side of the road and indulge in a gastronomic experience under the moonlight. All these are the best sketches of the most romantic night in the city.
- After enjoying breakfast, you will be picked up and transferred to the meeting point and then leave for Chengdu Research Base of Giant Pandas. | Distance: 12.5 kilometers/25 minutes
- Learn the origin and habits of the animal, see infant baby pandas in an infant area, and delivery room of pandas. See daily life of our treasures right next to you and take great photos of them.
- Optional: Drive from hotel at 07.00 AM. Volunteer work from 08:30 to 16:00 at Chengdu Research Base of Giant Pandas.
During this one-day panda volunteer program, you’ll experience some activities >> honorary keepers to clean up bamboos, pick up droppings, wash the enclosures, observe and understand the panda’s status and living conditions; prepare food for the pandas and also experience the fun of making the “Panda’s Cake”; deliver delicious “Cake” and fruits to the pandas personally and understand panda’s feeding habits; watch a panda documentary that shows scientific facts about pandas, to understand how humans protect them, and how we may live in harmony with them; plant bamboos and trees, as well as set up nametags and some more interesting and meaningful activities. You’ll receive an official certificate from CCRCGP that proves your love for giant pandas, as well as souvenirs, like a panda badge, a panda T-shirt or a panda club magazine.
- Optional activities: continue your exploration with our professional guide to another famous local lane – Wide and Narrow Lane where Chengdu Style leisure life and boutique modern life style are well displayed. Randomly walk into any shop or restaurant you are interested in to get real insider’s experience and learn more hidden gems of this spicy city.
- Drive to you a hidden spiritual Buddhist temple in the hustling downtown of Chengdu – Wenshu Temple. Marvel at the exquisite Buddhist architecture, soak in the reverent atmosphere, and wander on the peaceful paths.
- After breakfast, drive about 70 minutes to reach Sichuan Cuisine Museum in Pixian County, the only eatable museum in China with new way to experience Sichuan cuisine culture. Appreciate 6000 pieces of antiques, artifacts and books and hear many Sichuan food facts, know how Pixian chilly bean paste is made, experience making bean curd pudding, taste different kinds of Sichuan snacks, worship Kitchen God in the biggest Kitchen God Ancestral Hall in the world, partake in the cooking class to personally make three typical Sichuan dishes, like Kung Pao chicken, Mapo Tofu, Panda steamed dumpling, etc. Under the guidance of professional Chuancais chef, learn how to cut, control fire, complete cooking process and accomplish your dish. Share and enjoy your dishes with your families or partners and be awarded with official certificate of “Master of Chuancais”.
- After the happy cooking experience, drive back to Chengdu downtown to your hotel or be escorted to airport to catch your flight to next destination.